In this article I will explain you how to change your password on Chromebook with easy step by step process. If you have a Chromebook then if you want to change this password you can get help from this article in order to change your password on Chromebook.
So without wasting any time let’s get started.
If you want to change your Chromebook password it means you have to change your Google password because your Chromebook password and Google password are are nearly same.
If you have grow more than you need to change the password in your Chromebook as well as the other logged in device which uses your Gmail account.
How to change your password on Chromebook
If you want to change your Chromebook password then make sure you should know about that your Chromebook password and your Google password are the same.
You can change the Chromebook password in the same way square you need to change the Google password.
Since your Chromebook password is your Google password you can change it on any device and with the help of any web browser also so before that you have to sign in with your Google account .
So in order to do that and how to change your Chromebook password using your Chromebook we have to follow a couple of steps which are listed below.
- First unit to open the chrome browser.(if you do not have the clone app location on your desktop you can solve it navigate to the google.com)
- After that you need to select your profile picture over here
- Then select manage your Google account
- After that you need to click go to the left panel and select the security panel
- After that you have to scroll down to the sining into Google selection
- Then select your password
- Enter your current password and click the next button available here
- After that a prompt will open and you have to enter your two factor authentication code
- After that you have to enter your new password and confirm it as a new password then select change password
- This is the actual process of change your Google account password but not your Chromebook password. So next time you is any Google service or device like Google or YouTube or any Android phone then you must login using the new password also. Because the old password are not working in nature.
Read More- How to connect an iPad to a TV
Change your Chromebook password without your Chromebook
If you want to change your Chromebook password without your Chromebook then you need to know that your Chromebook password and the Google password are completely same.
So in order to change your Chromebook password without Chromebook it is very simple.. Because the first thing you need to do that is changing the Google password because the Google password on the Chromebook password is completely same.
If we change the Google password then automatically the Chromebook password will change at few seconds.
When you use your Chromebook to change your password then the Chromebook automatically sync with your Google account. And the new password becomes active immediately in your system. So without off hitting your Chromebook password it will change the new password by the help of Google password change process.
If you change your old password because you are forget your old password then you can’t login.
When you can’t remember your old password then you have to click the the forgotten password to continue using your Chrome Book.
To prevent the data loss from this type of event in the future then upload all the data into the Google Drive. And if you lost the data anytime then you can use the data I mean the Google Drive data at anytime and import it from the Google Drive and upload in into your Google account.
Turn on two factor authentication
Friends two factor authentication is one kind of security feature that prevents anyone from logging into your Chromebook or Google account without your permission.
Because some case if you are log in your Google account in another device and you you forgot to sign out then there might be some possibility that your Google account might be misused.
So the good practices that to use the two factor authentication in order to provide the security into your Google account as well as your Chromebook account also.
Two step verification for battery security
Google two-factor authentication is called two-step verification also. When you turn it on then you need to provide your phone number to activate it.
After that Google sends you a text message with a one-time code for you need to put the code into the Google account on this new device.
In addition to that, you have to text message type of two-step verification Google will also allow you to set a prompt on your phone verifying new sign-in attempts by the help of any message or we can set the text message or by Gmail account.
In order to do that we have to follow a couple of states which are listed below.
- First, we need to open the chrome browser
- select your profile picture off per right corner
- Select your manage your Google account
- After that select the security button available here
- Ab yah to scroll down to the spinning into the Google section
- Then you have to select two step verification
- After the scroll down and select Get It Started
- Auto gadi have to enter your password and click this next button
- After that select the device to receive the security from from the Google or choose another option to set of security key or get a text message or voice call
- add one of the backup option by either entering your mobile number or you can also use another backup option to use the backup code
- If you choose to have the prom sent to the cell phone then we have to click enter the code and then click the next button
- After that we have to select on to the complete process
In this article we covered how to change your password on Chromebook with an easy step by step process. We are hoping that you are enjoying at this article at the time of reading this article. If you have still any doubt regarding the the password change on Chromebook then you can feel free to ask in our comment section and we are happy to help you out as soon as possible.
Apart from that if you you like this article you can share this article with your friends and family and you can save this page and bookmark this page for your future reference also.
Thank you so much for reading!!!!
2 thoughts on “How to change your password on Chromebook”